Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Something New-Tatting

Tatting

Have you ever tried tatting?
 I haven't....at least not yet.
Since I already enjoy so many needle arts it seems natural to me that I would want to try something new every now and then.  This time it's tatting.  I am most intrigued with tatted jewelry.  With it's lace like look, tatted jewelry is feminine, maybe a bit Victorian looking, a bit bohemian and a
great way to wear art.

According to Wikipedia, tatting "...is formed by a pattern of rings and chains formed from a series of cow hitch or half-hitch knots, called double stitches (ds), over a core thread."
Well OK...let's see what that looks like...


I think it's really pretty and I can never have enough jewelry.

I have purchased a few supplies and a tatted jewelry instruction book.  After looking through the book, I can see that I will be purchasing some additional supplies in order to complete my jewelry.



 I'm planning on making this new needle art my project for our upcoming trip to Canada.  Since I will have a lot of down time in the car, I might as well make the best use of that time by creating something new.  And I usually have time in the evenings while we are there when I can work on my latest project.
Maybe I'll even get my step-daughter and granddaughter interested in learning!

I'll share pictures with you when I have some completed items.






No comments:

Post a Comment