Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Netflix, Granddaughters and Getting off My Butt

Netflix

Ok, my husband and I have pretty much turned into home bodies as we have "matured".  I can remember the times when we were on the go non-stop, family, friends, neighbors, business, school activities and just plain fun took us away from home a majority of the time.  
Of course we lived in Southern California at the time with a wealth of entertainment at our fingertips, the weather alone kept us outside a great deal of the time.

Now we live in the Kansas City area and are empty nesters, with the notable exception of our 4-pawed children, and spend many evenings in front of the TV.  I always have a craft going (or am being totally frustrated by Candy Crush!) and Bob is usually reading as well, but the TV is on.  We have become great fans of Netflix, in fact I don't know how we would live without it.  On Wednesday we finished the entire "West Wing" series; 7 seasons of fantastic characters, dialogue and story lines.  

So Thursday we looked at each other and said, what now?  Sad but true, we were feeling a tremendous let down!  Well, we muddled through that evening with "America's Got Talent" and some 
baseball for Bob (I was reading) and now we have discovered "Orange is the new Black" produced by Netflix- we find it witty, engaging, and totally entertaining.  
So if we "have" to watch TV, at least it's worth watching!

Granddaughters

We have 2 and a half granddaughters. I say half because our son and his lady fair will not be married until next year so I guess technically I can't claim Lexi as my granddaughter.....yet.  The two oldest are teenagers and what fun to watch them becoming charming, talented, intelligent and of course beautiful young women.  They actually let me friend them on Facebook and one on them has a fascinating Pinterest account.  Unfortunately both of these girls live far away , one in Canada and the other in Michigan, and we only get to see them a couple times of year if we are lucky. 
We have missed so much but with social media we feel as if we can "see" them more often and be apart of what's going on day-to-day.   
Now the little one (actually 10 years old) lives close by and hopefully as we get to know each other better there will some fantastic Grandma/Granddaughter adventures in store for us.
 I know we already share a love of Monster High Dolls and she loved the headband I crocheted for her (wore it to school the next day!) so I think we are off to a good start.  
While I would love to have all 3 of them just around the corner, I will be happy with the precious moments that we do have together and build a lifetime of memories with those bits and pieces of gold.

Getting off my Butt

The few regular followers that I have, have obviously noticed that I lack consistency in actually publishing posts.  Start, stop, start, stop....what is my problem?  
Well I am bound and determined to make this work, I enjoy it too much for it to be a failure.  I have several projects in the works and a series of corresponding posts. 
I also firmly believe if you do something enough times it becomes an automatic part of your daily routine.  So I guess I'm asking you to stick with me, even if you have only enjoyed one little thing you have seen here at Laughing Cat Creates.  I am making a promise to you and myself  that I will be more involved and much more active on this blog.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment