Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What's a "Laughing Cat" ?

"Here's looking at you, kid"
 What is a laughing cat?  Well, if you've ever lived with a cat...or should I say, if a cat has ever chosen you to live with, then I don't think you need to ask this question.  Cats are pretty much laughing at us all the time

To say I love cats, might be an understatement.  While I am a huge animal lover in general, cats rule and all others....well...what can I say?  They come in second.  Currently we have Thumper (and if you heard him walk you would know why we call him this).  He chose us one Saturday afternoon at a local pet shop when Way Side Waifs had a big adoption program going on.  We had lost our other cat of 18 years about 8 months before and I just had't had the heart to look for another cat until that afternoon.  We walked around the store, playing with all the kittens (I was thinking I should take all of them home).  I didn't see the right one, when I looked up and there on top of all the cages in the "Cat Room", this fella was staring down at all the people fawning over all the other cats in the place.  He looked down at me as if to say, "Well, lady, what are you waiting for?  I'm the only one in here for you."

So we took him home and 11 years later he's still my big baby.  Now, as far as my crafts go, that's when a lot of "laughter" can be heard.  Naturally he adores attacking yarn and even enjoys trying to catch a knitting needle every now and then.  As far a beading, look out, he always knows a much better arrangement than I do.  Scrapbooking is an adventure, all those pieces of paper and stickers and embellishments, oh my!

We have recently inherited another kitty, GLaDOS; she is living us with temporarily while our son is between homes.  There were a few cat spats in the beginning but the two of them are getting along quite well now.  And GLaDOS certainly enjoys playing with all my yarn as well.  She especially likes to drop her little toys right in the middle of project!
I can't promise that you can hear a cat laugh, but you can certainly feel it, and oh what fun it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment