Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Two-Word Tuesday

Crochet Instructions (part one)

My grandmother taught me to crochet, it's a memory I will cherish all my life.  I can still remember sitting on the couch or on the floor watching her with her crochet thread and small sized metal crochet hook, mesmerized by how quickly she created beautiful row after row for a table cloth, bedspread or edging for pillows, tea towels, dresser scarves and handkerchiefs.  

As most beginners do, I worked on single crochet over and over...until I crocheted a chain several feet long.  And then the thrill of learning how to turn and do a second row.  I have no idea how much left over yarn I used up practicing, making mile long rectangles!

I'm including some printed instructions for beginning crochet.  The most important thing to remember is consistency in tension, getting the stitches to be as uniform as possible. 





Practice, practice, practice.  I will share more crochet tips in future posts.




No comments:

Post a Comment