Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Where Do I Begin?

I have a birthday coming up this week...let's say I'm fairly certain I've already lived the first half of my life.  And that's ok, it's what I do with the rest that intrigues me...

I have a lot of dreams, desires and hope for tomorrow and all the tomorrows I may enjoy.  There are a few things I wish I had done differently, but at this point it doesn't really matter.  I'm here and I'm ready to write several more chapters.

I figure it's never too late to be healthier and more fit so I have embarked on a wellness program.  I've been stumbling a bit, but I will continue, taking little steps along the way that will eventually add up to a whole lot of improvement.

My family is my number one priority.  Always has been and always will be.  They are the reason I get up each day and more forward with plans to better myself.  I owe them the best me I can be.  Without their love and support I would lost.

I love to craft.  I love to write.  I love music. I love Mother Nature. I would not know how to get from morning to night without visiting with the "creative" me for a few hours.  It is how I breathe.  Some may find it odd that I would take on developing a home business at my age, I should be retiring in a few years.  No, I don't think so.  I feel that my best work is still to come and I long to dive into it head first.  Work continues on my craft room/space and I am constantly finding new ways to use the talents my DNA has given me.  My crochet, knitting, sewing, journaling, jewelry design & scrapbooking will travel with me until my last breathe.  The music in me accompanies and soothes with every step I take.  And words, oh my, words never cease to amaze, confound and delight me as they tumble across the page expressing my innermost thoughts, dreams, desires and hopes as well as the demons, 
the fears and the failures.

Turning 63 may be daunting to some.  To me, it's just the beginning of a long and wondrous journey.  My hand is outstretched in friendship; I hope you will journey with me from time to time.


1 comment:

  1. Well said Helen! Seeing how today is the 21st I have a feeling I missed your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday! You are never too old to learn something new. I wish you a year full of blessings!

    ReplyDelete